PHD Joint Operating Board
If you are a PHD Joint Operating Board member with a login, you can: Enter the Member-Only Site
If you are a PHD Joint Operating Board member, and do not have a login; or, if you are having trouble with your login, please contact us
The PHD Joint Operating Board was established in 2006, authorized under RCW 70.44.240 and RCW 70.44.450 which state: “Any public hospital district may contract or join with any other public hospital district, publicly owned hospital, nonprofit hospital, legal entity, or individual to acquire, own, operate, manage, or provide any hospital or other health care facilities or hospital services or other health care services to be used by individuals, districts, hospitals, or others, including providing health maintenance services.”
Eighteen public hospital districts in Benton, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Klickitat, Lewis, Lincoln, Mason, Pacific, Pend Oreille, Skagit, and Snohomish counties have entered into an Interlocal Agreement, under the name PHD Joint Operating Board, authorizing collective negotiations with public and private health plans and provider groups.
Specific activities of PHD Joint Operating Board include:
- Develop and analyze models and strategies to negotiate, enter into and carry out joint agreements and contracts for health care service delivery and payment with public and private entities that operate within the State of Washington;
- Engage consultants as PHD Joint Operating Board deems necessary to assist in evaluating the various models and strategies under consideration;
- Select and implement one or more models or strategies for joint contracting;
- Engage in other collective negotiations with health plans or provider groups desiring to contract in the State of Washington;
- Engage in other collective activities as PHD Joint Operating Board deems appropriate in furtherance of its goals, which include negotiating, entering into and carrying out joint agreements and contracts for health care service delivery and payment with public and private entities that operate within the State of Washington; and
- Engage in at least 1 meeting where learning related to operational and financial improvement from this pilot work is shared between the member hospitals.
PHD Joint Operating Board Map